The National Trust Surrey Hills is a collection of some of the county’s most beautiful landscapes, reaching from Limpsfield Common in the east to Frensham Little Pond in the west. We care for a huge range of habitats such as chalk downland, lowland heath, ponds and ancient woodland. We also look after Leith Hill Place and Tower, Napoleonic forts at Box Hill and Reigate Hill as well as pillboxes and other features relating to the Second World War. We work with our tenant farmers to ensure the sustainability of our agricultural landscapes and to maintain our vernacular buildings. The National Trust is Europe’s largest conservation charity, founded in 1895 on the basis that “We all want quiet. We all want beauty….we all need space”.