The Artisan trail will be a self-guided trail around the Surrey Hills to encourage visitors to meet the artisans, taste local food and drink and experience traditional artisan skills.
To be eligible to apply, Artisans must meet the following criteria:-
- Be Trade Marked Members of Surrey Hills
- Must be the producers of food, drink, art and crafts made using artisan skills
- Activities – You must be able to offer visitors one or more of the following: demonstrations, tours, tastings, workshops or taster sessions
- Open to the public – You must be able to offer regular opening hours or bookable appointments or workshops
- Photograph – You must provide a professional portrait photo of the artisan at work
The website will be focusing on the Artisans and so please include a personal description of the artisan, their journey and their products. Here is an example
“I first became interested in pottery when as a child, as I was mesmerised by the potter’s wheel and the transformation of a lump of clay into something of beauty and functionality. It was always something I wanted to do but never had the chance until I was gifted a pottery class about 10 years ago. From there I decided to set up a small studio in my garden to have a go at my own pace.
Since then I have given up my career in London and now run workshops, sell my pottery at fairs and markets and have a small studio in Puttenham.
I would love you to visit me at my studio where I can show you how to make a range of pots or you can even have a go at making them yourself.”