Dorking Mainline and Deepdene Stations
Along the Mole Gap Trail…
Intersection of the scenic east-west and north south railway lines
The mainline station marks the end of the trail. It lies at the end of the Mole Gap under the shadow of Box Hill that rises above its platforms. This station formed part of the London, South Coast Railway, opened in 1867. The station for the Reading, Guildford and Reigate Railway, serving the east-west line had already opened in 1847. The coming of the railway stimulated the growth of Dorking from the mid-19th Century and today provides outstanding rail links across the south east.
Departures and arrivals from this station can be found here.