The Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and will endeavour to keep your personal information accurate and up to date and ensure that it is not kept longer than necessary.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Emails that we send to you or you send to us may be retained as a record of contact and your email address stored for future use in accordance with our record retention schedule. If we need to email sensitive or confidential information to you, we will perform checks to verify the correct email address and may take additional security measures.
The Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) will not pass personal data to third parties for marketing, sales or any other commercial purposes without your prior explicit consent. Your personal information may be processed by an external service provider acting on our behalf in order to provide one or more services.
What is a cookie?
• A cookie is a small text file that a website transfers to the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the site can remember who you are.
• A cookie will typically contain the name of the website from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
• We cannot identify you personally by using a cookie. Cookies store no personal data and are not used to gather personal information.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Third party cookies
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video. Some third party services embedded within this website set their own cookies. These are known as third party cookies because they are not set by our website. We have no control over the cookies that are set by third party services. Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Learn how here. It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
- You may request that the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty stops processing your personal data in relation to any event or workshop.
- You are entitled to request access to a copy of any information we hold about you.
- You may request that you are removed from our mailing lists at any time.
Please contact the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) at email@example.com to exercise any of these rights, or let us know if you have a complaint about how your information has been collected, how it has been used or how long we have kept it for.