The River Wey was one of the first British rivers to be made navigable and opened to barge traffic in 1653. This 15-mile waterway linked Guildford to Weybridge on the Thames, and then to London. The Godalming Navigation, opened in 1764, enabled barges to work a further four miles upriver.
The National Trust award-winning visitor centre at Dapdune Wharf in Guildford tells the story of the navigations and the people who lived and worked on them.
Find out more about the River Wey Navigations and Dapdune Wharf and the location guide on the National Trust page below.