The Mount is located one mile west of Guildford Town Centre, the area includes ash and oak trees in Henley Wood and has the best views of the town and surrounding area. The Mount is one of the most important pieces of chalk grassland in the Borough of Guildford, and is known for its abundance of Pyramidal Orchids.
The Mount is also home to Henley Fort, built as a mobilisation centre during the 1880-90s as part of the London Defence Positions. Its purpose was to protect the capital from the French army. During the Second World War, Henley Fort was used for defence purposes by the Home Guard and today the fort is an Educational centre run by Surrey Outdoor Learning & Development.