Supporting local businesses during the crisis.
17th March 2020
We are facing unprecedented times ahead which will undoubtedly affect all of us in many ways. As it will have a big impact on the local economy and the ability of many businesses to cope, it is more important than ever to support small businesses within our community.
5 fantastic reasons to support local businesses
- Right now small local business are more likely to go the extra mile to ensure that their premises and services are as safe and clean as possible. The stakes are considerably higher for small business than workers or managers in large chains
- By supporting local businesses, you are not only supporting the families of those who run and work in the business, but you are also supporting your local economy rather than nationally owned – businesses. Research shows that £10 spent with a local independent business means up to an additional £50 goes back into the local economy. This is due to owners and staff putting that money back into the local community by going into local pubs, shops and restaurants etc,
- Personality, connection, community – most small business owners and their staff are passionate about their business and offer genuine heartfelt customer service. So the experience of shopping what them is likely to be far more enjoyable – right now we all need to bring and receive joy and the community in our lives.
- Help reduce climate change by using local products, services, shops, and restaurants there is less need for driving, reduced pollution less, fewer air miles etc
- You will get amazing customer service as a small business owner has much more vested interest in you having a positive experience
Check out our directory of Surrey Hills Businesses which includes a very wide range of products and services.
You can also check out this map which shows you where these businesses are located.